- The election of Brookhaven Mayor and Council District 1 will be held on November 7th, 2023. MCNA has prepared a Voter Guide.
- A new Lake House (previously known as the Community Center) has been proposed in Murphey Candler Park at the corner of West Nancy Creek and Candler Lake West (currently the caretaker’s house). The MCNA position is that the new community center should be limited to the existing building’s footprint; the design of the building should be limited to an outdoor overlook and multi-purpose room; and parking should remain limited to the amount of spaces currently available. More Detail >>
The Murphey Candler Neighborhood Association (MCNA) is dedicated to preserving our neighborhood for high-quality residential use. We achieve this goal by:
- Serving as a voice on issues affecting the neighborhood and residents
- Monitoring local institutions on planning, development, zoning, parks, safety and transportation topics
- Promoting recreation and safety in the community
- Organizing community-building activities
About the Neighborhood
The MCNA represents 736 homes located around Murphey Candler Park in the City of Brookhaven. The neighborhood is north of downtown Atlanta inside I-285 between Ashford Dunwoody Road and Chamblee Dunwoody Road. See the Neighborhood Map for more detail.
Murphey Candler Park is the largest park in the City of Brookhaven and provides many amenities including trails, a swimming pool, tennis courts, multi-use fields, playgrounds, and a lake. The Nancy Creek PATH Trail connects Murphey Candler Park to Blackburn Park. The park is supported by our friends at the Murphey Candler Park Conservancy.
In addition, Dunwoody Elementary Upper Campus for 4th and 5th graders is located within the neighborhood boundaries (formerly Kittredge Magnet School).
MARTA bus service is available via the Route 103 Peeler Road Bus Stop at the intersection of Chamblee Dunwoody Road and Dunwoody Park Road north of I-285.