Brookhaven Zoning for Average Front Yard Setbacks Forum
At the January 26th 2021 Brookhaven City Council meeting, the Council held a public hearing on an ordinance to amend sections 27-67, 27-68, and 27-1336, of the Brookhaven City code, related to average front yard setbacks. The ordinance was subsequently deferred until the Feb. 9 City Council meeting.
Join us to learn more about these proposed amendments and get answers to some common questions. Will the Proposed Average Front Setback section gut the standard front yard setback and allow new houses to be built closer to the street? Can the lot next door be split into two lots? Learn how this change will make it easier for developers to bypass the Board of Appeals. Hear from Brookhaven neighborhood leaders who can help educate and guide your understanding of these changes.
The meeting will be held via Zoom beginning at 7pm on Thursday, February 4th.
Meeting ID: 858 4242 7436
Join by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Attendees will include Brookhaven residents involved in sharing concerns with the Brookhaven Planning Commission:
• Jeffrey Cohen – MCNA (Moderator)
• Ricardo Kamenetzky – Brookhaven Fields Civic Association Zoning Committee Chair
• AD McNaghten – LaVista Park Civic Association Zoning Coordinator
• Mark Bryson – Historic Brookhaven Zoning Committee
• Terrell Carstens – Brookhaven Fields Zoning Committee
• Blair Belton – Drew Valley Zoning Committee