At the August 19th MCNA Regular Meeting, the MCNA Board proposed amendments to the MCNA by-laws. A vote will be held to accept or reject these amendments at the next MCNA regular meeting to be held on Wednesday, September 23rd.
Detail of proposed By-laws amendments (PDF 324 KB)
Proposed By-laws reflecting proposed amendments (PDF 179 KB)
Current By-laws amended 9/24/2014 (PDF 238 KB)
Summary of proposed amendments
Item 1 – Membership
- Redefine geographic area to include all areas north of Nancy Creek and south of I-285 and between Ashford Dunwoody and Chamblee Dunwoody Roads except the D’Youville condominiums.
- Add section 2.4 to define household in Good Standing for purposes of voting.
Item 2 – Text messaging
- Add text messaging as an acceptable method of communication
Item 3 – Name change and clean up
- Change name from “Murphey Candler Homeowners’ Association” (MCHA) to “Murphey Candler Neighborhood Association” (MCNA)
- Move three sections from Article 1 into newly added Article 2 “MEMBERSHIP” and re-number remaining sections
- Correct grammatical errors