View a PDF of the Plan
- Minimize disturbance to trees within the park
- Limit vehicle circulation to the edge of the park
- Expand parking opportunities at the boundary between the park and the neighborhood.
- Expand pedestrian connectivity at park perimeter to connect new park elements.
- Provide universal access where feasible (ADA)
- HORSESHOE LOOP PATH: repave existing loop reducing the width to 12’ wide. This width can still accommodate maintenance vehicles and multi-use trail users. 0 tree impact.
- WOODLAND MEADOW AMPHITHEATER: terrain fitting natural turf amphitheater. Minimal regrading needed to enhance the natural bowl. View a PDF of this area. Area was already impacted by tree cutting.
- WOODLAND MEADOW OVERLOOK: accessible 20’x15’ permeable surfaced multi use patio area that can accommodate small gatherings and also be used for small performances. Minimal tree root zone impacts, 0 trees removed.
- ACCESSIBLE MEADOW PATH: 5’ wide concrete path connecting the parking lot (#6) to the 2 upper shelters, the woodland meadow overlook and the lower loop path. Minimal tree root zone impacts, 0 trees removed.
- EXISTING NATURAL SURFACED TRAIL TO PLAYGROUND: Minor upgrades and enhancements to refresh mulch surface and connect to new playground sidewalk. 0 tree impact.
- SOUTH LOOP ROAD ACCESSIBLE PARKING: small parking lot at south end of loop road with 6 +2 ADA parking spaces. Minimal tree root zone impacts, 0 trees removed.
- LAKE LOOP – HORSESHOE LOOP CONNECTOR PATH: Pave existing path clearing with 8’ wide ADA path connecting the Horseshoe Loop path the Lake Loop path. Minor tree impacts with no loss.
- EAST NANCY CREEK NORTH PARKING: pave existing gravel parking, preferably with permeable paving. 33 +2 ADA spaces per the city’s current plan. 0 tree impact.
- EAST NANCY CREEK NORTH PARKING EXPANSION: add 4 spaces to proposed parking. One existing tulip poplar (not in good shape) will need to be removed.
- EAST NANCY CREEK PARALLEL PARKING: add 38 parallel 90 degree parking spaces along the road. 0 tree impact.
- EAST NANCY CREEK PARALLEL PARKING: add 13 parallel parking spaces along the road. 0 tree impact.
- EAST NANCY CREEK MULTI-USE CONNECTOR PATH: 10’ paved multiuse path connecting the existing community green, new parking, existing tennis, and the Horseshoe loop area. 0 tree impact.
- LOWLAND NATURAL SURFACE PATH: 4’ wide mulch path exploring the enhanced lowland forest area. 0 tree impact.
- UPLAND NATURAL SURFACE PATH: 4’ wide mulch path exploring the enhanced upland forest area. 0 tree impact.
Woodland Meadow Amphitheatre